Re: Whats the lowdown on the omnibot ac-dc adaptor-charger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mike's NEW Omnibot's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Service (68.215.4.76) on March 03, 2005 at 07:58:52:

In Reply to: Whats the lowdown on the omnibot ac-dc adaptor-charger posted by john on March 03, 2005 at 07:18:22:

Hello,
How old was the charger? Define when dead? Did it have a charging light? That stopped glowing? How is the battery telling you it needs a charge? Do you have access to a DVM? Ditgal Volt Meter - This is used to measure ac/dc voltages? If you do, measure the voltage of the charger and battery. This will help to tell if in fact what level of voltage is retained in the battery and if the charger it working. The type of adapter can affect it life span. I woulded use any other adapter that is not of the same voltage the mA can be a bit higher no more that 600mA.

Other questions that come to mind are where did you get the battery and charger? How long ago?

: Could someone fill me in on the ac-dc adaptor-charger to charge the omnibots. i got a charger with INPUT: AC120V 60Hz 7W/ OUTPUT: DC6V 3OOmA Center Post Negative and it went dead when charging. i thought it was charged, but the battery is still telling me to charge the darn battery again. by the way its a new battery as well. i just got the charger and its crap now and i hate to buy another one because i just invested alot of money in the omnibot2000, battery charger and battery. does the quality of the charger play a part in the charger going dead or did my bot do it. i have other chargers-adaptors lying around the house thats not a 6V 300mA but do have the center post negative. will they work even if the voltage is too low or hi. could someone answer my question's so i know whats going on and give me a little help. THANKS!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
A -nospam- will be placed after the @
Subject:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mike's NEW Omnibot's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]