Re: battery charging help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mike's NEW Omnibot's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Service (65.11.66.172) on April 09, 2005 at 10:47:17:

In Reply to: Re: battery charging help! posted by vernon paugh on April 09, 2005 at 05:01:14:

: : : : : : What is the rating on your charger?

: : : : : : : hi, i need to know how much time it will take to charge a 12 volt 4.5ah battery for a maxx steele. please help. i do not want to over charge my battery. thank you for any help you can provide me with. vern.

: : : :
: : : : : hi, i have 2 chargers. one is the original ideal maxx steele 20v a.c. 14 v.a. , the other is a phillips universal ac adaptor voltage changer 1.5,3,4.5,6,7.5,9,12 volts 300ma . which charger do you think would work best and how much time do think it would need to charge the 12 volt battery. thanks for any infomation you could help me out with. vern.

: : : : You might want to check your chargers befor you use them, I think you have a AC output and a DC output charger listed. I am unsure the rating that the robot needs, but I can guess it should be a DC input to the robot.

: : : : Anyone out there, what to help with the specs on the Charger for the robot?

: :
: : :
: : : hi, the maxx steele robot is really suppose to use a 10 volt battery but all i could find is a 12 volt battery. if i would use the phillips universal ac adaptor voltage changer and set it to 12 volts 300ma, how long would it take to charge the 12 volt battery then. thanks for the help. vern.

: :
: : Ok, what the stats of the battery?

: : Also, if the robot is 10 Volt and you use a 12 volt you take the chance of sending too much power into your robot. (Damage might occur!)

: : The math to time would be as shown below:
: : Say you have a 12 Volt 4Ah battery.
: : Say you have a charger thats 12 Volt 300mA.
: : 4000/300 = 13.3333 hours (I would round up to 14 hours)

: hi, so a 12 volt 4.5ah battery charged by a 12 volt 300ma charger would be 4500/300 = 15 hours charge time. i couldn't find a 10 volt battery, but i remember somebody on here saying they used a 12 volt battery for their maxx steele that was suppose to be 10 volt and the robot worked fine. i can't find the message now but i'm pretty sure they said a 12 volt battery worked fine for their maxx steele. well thanks for your help. vern.

• If you found this found this helpful. *Please

• Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
    E-Mail:
    A -nospam- will be placed after the @
    Subject:
    Link Title:
    Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mike's NEW Omnibot's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]